All the tags in the Assets extension are managed on this page. You can create, rename, replace and delete tags available for the user. The Assets extension can also be configured so that the front-end user can only choose tags from a predefined set of tags. This is the place to manage that set.
New tag: Click this button to create one or more tags at the same time. This can be done in a comma-separated manner.
Search bar: Easily search for tags by entering a query.
By clicking on the three dots (as shown above) you can manage your tags by renaming them or deleting them. Once a tag is renamed, it will be changed on every asset on which the tag is used. Also, keep in mind that it is also possible to delete tags that are in use. When deleted, the tag is removed from every asset on which it was used (this action cannot be undone).
How to tag?
Tagging can be very powerful and save you a lot of time when done properly. Smart tagging is when your tags cover different layers of an asset. Always tag your assets in a structured way, rather than tagging randomly with things you think of when looking at the asset.
Tagging thesaurus example:
There are several ways to decide which tags can be used in an image, and it is often a good idea to combine these different ways. You can tag assets based on:
- What it is: Color, subject, composition, perspective,...
- What you see: Environment, objects, subjects,...
- Business-related: Service, product, activity,...
- Brand related: Target group, personality, values,...
When you start tagging your assets, it is good to create a list of items you want to cover in your tags. Define a strategy that fits your company’s corporate vision and policy.
Tags make your assets easier to identify. They are used mostly in combination with categories to bring structure to your asset. When looking for a specific asset, you can easily filter by entering tags in the search bar. The system will autosuggest tags that already exist in the system to help you in searching for the correct asset.
There are two ways of adding tags to an asset:
- Manually: During the upload or edit, users can add keywords to an asset. They can either add their keywords, or they can choose from a restricted set of already approved keywords. That way, admins can be sure only appropriate keywords are used.
- Auto-tagging: Kadanza uses Clarifai, an AI-driven tool to determine keywords. Users can generate a set of keywords and then decide which ones are appropriate before saving.