Managing Users and User groups
"All right, Kadanza offers unlimited users, but how am I going to manage all of these users?" It's a question you've probably considered, and the answer is simple. Yes, when you get things right from the start, managing users becomes a breeze.
- Determine your preferred approach to managing permissions. You have the flexibility to choose a method that suits your organization. Commonly used methods include defining permissions based on individuals' roles within the company, utilizing Kadanza permissions, or a combination of both.
- Start with organizing user groups based on roles within the company. For example, you can create user groups such as Designer, Legal, and Management. Designers can be part of the "Designer" user group, enabling them to download and upload assets specific to their design work. Once they upload their assets, users from the "Legal" user group can assess the legality of these assets, particularly if they contain sensitive legal information. The "Management" user group would include individuals responsible for managerial decisions, such as approving designs before implementation.
- Utilize Kadanza's permission-based user groups to further refine access levels. Create user groups like Basic Users, Advanced Users, Uploader, Downloader, and Approver within Kadanza. Basic Users may only have access to brand guidelines, while Advanced Users can view all assets and resources.
- Combining both role-based and Kadanza permission-based user groups provides comprehensive coverage for various scenarios. It ensures that users have the appropriate permissions based on their roles and responsibilities within the company. It is advisable to create these User Groups before inviting users to the platform for a seamless onboarding process.
Overall, combining the two works best most of the time and ensures that every possible scenario is covered. It is only better to create these User Groups before inviting users to the platform; continue reading to learn why.
Secondly, you need to assign people to the user groups that you’ve created. There are two options. The first one is when inviting users, you can specify the role that you want to assign to them as well as the user groups to which they should belong. Let's check the steps below:
- Enter the email address(es):
- Select a role
- Add them to the User Groups and send them invite
The other option is to edit the things that you chose while inviting them. This way you can change their role.
Also, you can add or remove groups from the user.