Some companies prefer to have an approval flow to double check everything that goes into production. So depending on the configuration you may need to request an approval before you can export or publish a document.
You can request an approval in two ways:
- From the 'Actions' menu.
- When you try to export a document that needs an approval we will notify you. The 'request approval' action is available on this screen.
How does an approval work
If your document needs an approval you have to follow these steps:
- Request an approval.
- The approver will review your document.
- You will receive an e-mail when the approval is done (approved or rejected).
- Return to your document in the document list.
- Initiate an export or publish the document.
- The document will now be available in your export queue.