How does approval requests work?
Some companies prefer to have an approval flow to double-check everything that goes into production. So depending on the configuration, you may need to request approval before you can export or publish a document.
You can request approval in two ways:
- From the 'Actions' menu.
- When you try to export a document that needs approval we will notify you. The 'request approval' action is available on this screen.
How does an approval work?
If your document needs approval you have to follow these steps:
- Request approval
- The approver will review your document
- You will receive an e-mail when the approval is done (approved or rejected)
- Return to your document in the document list
- Initiate an export or publish the document
- The document will now be available in your export queue
Admins or your service partner can configure the approval setting. For more information please check the templates article.
Admins can set an approval flow from the categories setting of the Assets extension. Please remember that you can set the approval flow per category.
When the "Approval required" option is selected for a category, all uploaded assets in that category must be approved by a designated User Group before they can be used. The assets will only go live once they receive approval.
Approvers have several options as shown above. Once an asset is approved, it can be used immediately if it doesn't have a future scheduled date. However, if the asset does have a scheduled date set, it will only be available for use once that date arrives.
Approvers have the flexibility to reject or edit an asset if they believe it is not suitable for use according to the requirements. This allows them to easily make changes or provide feedback to ensure the asset meets the necessary standards.
You can check the asset statuses article for more information.